As the sun sets for the final evening of 2015, we would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one who supported us during 2015.
On this New Year, we wish that you have a wonderful January, a lovely February, a Peaceful March, a stress-free April, a fun-filled May, and Joy that lasts from June to November, and finally a happy December.
May our wishes come true and may you have a charming and lucky New Year.
From all of us at The Knysna Log-Inn Hotel
What will you be doing on New Years Eve? Let us know…..
Ever wondered why the 26th of December is called Boxing Day?
Boxing Day is a holiday traditionally celebrated the day following Christmas Day, when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts, known as a “Christmas box”, from their bosses or employers.
Even Santa is taking a break…… and playing 18-holes of Golf in Knysna.
SPLASH is the Garden Route’s fun family water festival!
Three exciting events provide entertainment for both participants and spectators and challenges for the whole family! Watch your yellow duck race in the SPLASH QUACK ATTACK. Brave the waters and swim the SPLASH KNYSNA LAGOON MILE or test your paddling skills in the SPLASH CANOE RACES. Have fun while supporting Rotary Knysna’s community projects.
Knysna SPLASH, the annual water festival presented by Knysna Rotary, will be back on Saturday, 19 and Sunday, 20 December with three fun-filled events for the whole family.
Now in its fourth year, Knysna SPLASH is an important fundraiser for Rotary, which donates all proceeds from the entry fees to local charities. This year, Knysna SPLASH will focus on the two most popular events – the Knysna Lagoon Mile swim and the SPLASH Quack Attack duck race – and introduce two new canoe events: the SPLASH Family Fun Canoe Race and the SPLASH 10km Canoe Race.
We are looking forward to seeing both locals and visitors participating in the SPLASH festival. It promises to be lots of fun for the whole family, competitors and spectators, and it’s for a great cause!
Two new canoe races on Sunday, 20 December 2015
- THE FAMILY FUN CANOE RACE – THE FUN ONE
- Registration is at 7:30 – entry fee is R50 per paddler.
- Briefing at 8:30.
- Race starts at 9:00 – in front of Sirocco and Quay Four on Thesen Islands.
- Prize-giving at 10:30 with prizes for
- various categories, including the best dressed craft and crew.
- open to all paddle craft including
- K1s, K2s and K3s, single & double surf skis,
- sea kayaks, fishing kayaks,
- Indian canoes, plastic canoes,
- guppies and SUPs
- 10km CANOE RACE – “THE BIG ONE”
- Registration starts at 9:45 – entry fee is R100 per paddler
- Briefing at 10:45 –
- Race starts at 11:00
- Prize-giving is at 12:30.
- This race is open to racing kayaks & surf skis
- It will consist of two 5km laps
Life jackets are compulsory for both events!
Feeling tired after the race, come and stay with us: firstname.lastname@example.org www.kli.co.za